Monday, September 29, 2008

Ciao, bellas!

Denise, Erika and I travel to Italy tomorrow. My friend Amy Turn Sharp www.doobleh-vay.blogspot.com gave me the following advice in her typical Haiku style:

live hard over there baby
be safe
keep yr eyes open
kiss
eat
drink
write

Seems like good advice to me. After we indulge for three days in Rome, we travel to Umbria where we will retreat for a 7 day yoga immersion with the amazingly gifted Anusara teacher, Amy Ippoliti www.wildspirityoga.com. Amy is one of my teacher's teachers. I am eager to deepen my practice, develop my teaching skills and leave behind those things in life that are no longer serving me. We are staying in a restored castle called La Locanda del Gallo. Check it out at www.locandadelgallo.it.

I have decided to completely unplug while in Italy; no Blackberry, no laptop. Therefore, I will be blogging the old-fashioned way...in my journal. My dear friend Maria gave me a charming new journal to document my travels. I will resume my weekly emails when I return.

So...I've got the eating, drinking and writing covered. We'll see about the kisses!

Reminder: The lovely and talented Joanne will be substitute teaching on October 4th and 11th while I am am traveling. I will return to class on October 18th.

Ciao, bellas!

No comments: